Manulife will no longer recognize the following associations and member practitioners as of September 15, 2017:
- Ontario Osteopathic and Alternative Medicine Association
- Ontario Association of Certified Osteopaths and Acupuncturists
- Ontario Association of Osteopathy and Natural Medicine
- Ontario Association of Osteopathic Practitioners
- Ontario Professional Association of Osteopathic Medicine
- Society of Osteopaths of Canada / Society of Osteopaths of Quebec
This decision is not intended to call into question the conduct of any individual osteopath. However, as their association is no longer recognized by Manulife, claims for services from an osteopath registered with these associations after September 15, 2017, will be ineligible for reimbursement.